List Price: $107.03
You Save: $17.05
The 1847 Silver is a corrosion-free Richter-diatonic harmonica with stainless steel reeds that impresses by its unprecedented visual appearence but also by new technical features:
- Besides the reeds and the rivets the cover plates and reedplate screws are made of Stainless Steel
- Reedplates made of non-corrosive German Silver
- Solid polymer comb
- Leather bag included
Well known features of the 1847 CLASSIC were transferred to the 1847 Silver:
- Less air-loss due to fine-cut reedplates – optimized flatness and extremely small tolerances between reed and reedplate
- Beard- and lip-friendly coverplates with rounded edges without any cuts at the mouthpiece
- The overtone-rich sound can spread out unhindered – covers opened wide at the back and crimped and therefore a good stability and rounded edges.
Dave Gage Review: Although the name, “Silver”, implies metal, this is a plastic comb model. The reeds and reed plates are identical to the Seydel 1847 Classic, but with a plastic comb. If you enjoy the Seydel 1847 Classic but prefer a plastic comb, then this is the model for you.
Personally, I don’t see much in the way of advantages of the plastic comb as long as the wood comb model is completely sealed (which the 1847 Classic is). The sibling to this model is the Seydel 1847 Noble which has a metal comb. Of the three, I like the sealed wood comb, but all 3 models include the stainless steel reeds and great playability.